A small number of participants will return a sample which the laboratory cannot test. The most common reasons are:
· omitting to peel the bar code off the consent form and put it onto the sample bottle
· omitting to record the date on which the sample was taken on the consent form
· failing to return the consent form with the sample
· the sample not reaching the laboratory within 8 days of being taken
· the sample has been taken on an expired test kit.
Samples received by the laboratory 8 days after the sample is taken are not tested. Participants are advised not to do the test on Friday, Saturday or Sunday because postal delays could spoil the sample. Furthermore, the test kit has an expiry date and samples returned on an expired test kit are not tested.
To avoid having to repeat the test please read all instructions included with the test kit.